I thought that I would make today’s post a little more interactive than usual, so I encourage all of you to make your comments below. They may not show up right away, but I will do my best to approve them as quickly as possible. Once I get enough comments and replies, I will re-post the questions along with the official answers.
Now…onto today’s challenge! So you think you know how to play Monopoly, huh? We’ll see. 🙂
Below are 10 questions that hit upon specific (or general) rules of the game. Feel free to comment with your answers to any or all of them. Good luck:
- How much money does a player receive when landing on GO?
- How much money does a player receive when landing on Free Parking?
- How much rent is paid to the owner when landing on Boardwalk, assuming it is unmortgaged but the owner’s Park Place is mortgaged?
- Situation: You roll a seven, land on the chance space near Free Parking, and pick up the “Advance to Nearest Utility” card. How much money do you owe the owner of Water Works, assuming that it is unmortgaged and he/she also owns Electric Company?
- How much does it cost to unmortgage New York Avenue?
- What is the highest payment possible for the owner of three railroads?
- Which came first…the Monopoly square spaces or the street names in Atlantic City?
- Is it possible to receive money from another player via trade if you do not possess any properties?
- If you are able to spend — via mortgage and cash — up to 1100 to build houses on the yellow properties (currently without houses or hotels and assuming no housing shortage), what is the maximum number of houses that can stand on Marvin Gardens after spending your money?
- You are grinning ear to ear after building hotels on the orange properties at what seems to have been the perfect time. After doing so, the remaining twelve houses in the bank were quickly scrounged up by your desperate opponents, who could each only build one or two houses around the rest of the board. You roll the dice, land on Luxury Tax, and owe the bank $75 (or $100 if you play the new Monopoly). In an effort to build your hotels, you mortgaged every other property you own and have only $20 cash in hand. Assuming that trading with your jealous opponents is off the table, how do you pay the bank?
Good luck to all who participate!